Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Quick Update: Last week and the month of April

Time is flying and things are starting to pick up both in running, work, and life.  All is good though and I'm enjoying the new weather and change of pace from churning up icy/snowy climbs in cold temp that was pretty common for me this winter.

This last week, April 24-30th, was a real breakthrough week for me in both time and elevation gain (which usually trend together), my best mileage for a week is 57.93 mi w/6,051 ft gain back in Aug. last year so just missed that mark (but will probably break it this next week), here are the numbers:

6 runs
54.37 mi
9:27:01 h:m:s
13,588 ft gain

My best amount of elevation gain for a week before was in January where I put in 7,325 ft in 32.64 mi (224ft/mi).  This weeks's gain takes a significant jump upward and comes out to 249ft/mi., so more volume and a higher ft/mile ratio.  The jump in gain is in part due to doing most of my runs, even my easy days, with a 1,200 ft climb or more and also in part to a great weekend running with Yassine in Portland.  I was able to get in 26.5 mi w/ 7,795 ft of gain in the two runs and had a great time getting in some single track with awesome views and climbs with a great runner like Yassine.  Thanks for the encouraging and enjoyable weekend Yassine!

This weekend ended the month of April as well, so here are those numbers:

26 runs
213.56 mi
34:03:12 h:m:s
35,611 ft gain

This was my best month in all categories and really is giving me a newly found confidence that I'm getting in shape enough to race the whole 35 miles at Pocatello rather than race 20 and sorta race/survive the rest like I did at the North Face 50K in December.  We'll see what happens, but regardless I know I'll have a ton of fun.  I've still got this week and the next that will be strong weeks to start wrapping up the training for Pocatello before tapering off before the race.  Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Jason Hardrath said...

Great running David!
I hope to be in Baker during the month of August. I hope we can run together then!

David Henry said...

Thanks Jason. I'll look for you come August. Have a great time on your bike trip this summer.