Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Week of April 17-23

Well, had a good week recovering and rebuilding from Robie Creek's hard effort.  Felt pretty sapped at the beginning of the week, but came around nicely by Saturday and rounded out the week with some pretty good numbers for a cut-back week:

5 runs
40.00 mi
0:6:38:17 h:m:s
7,295 ft gain

This is my second 7K+ gain week in a row and I'll most likely be in the 8-9k this week so it will be a good month of climbing for me.  Tried a few routes to get up higher this week and got denied both times by snow levels that are still hanging around at 5,000 ft and higher.  I'll bide my time while it melts of and might have to start doing some repeats at lower elevations to get in some of the longer climbs that I want to before the Pocatello 35 miler coming up.  Here are some pictures from the week:


Looking back down the climb up Salmon Creek at the lower elevation levels...good little road with a nice and steep, but fully runnable grade.

Jack enjoying the snow a little more than I was at this point...I was planning on getting up another mile and 500 ft higher, but was stopped here around 4,900 ft elevation.

Nice day and great to be out despite the snow.

Looking back down the hill from the spot where I turned around.

The Elkhorn's calling my name, I'll still have to wait a couple months to get up on the ridge.

Looking back into the west part of Baker Valley.

Zach getting some special treatment this morning with breakfast on the couch while he got a morning movie while mom got ready before I went to work...this can't become a habit :). 

No comments: