Pages

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Mud, Still a lot of snow, and Spring on the way

Well I just ended this weeks worth of running on a high note with a great 10.5 miler (w/1,366 ft of elevation gain) with one of my most consistent running buddies Barry.  It was a very Spring like day over here reaching the mid 40's by the end of our run (around 12:30).  Here are the weeks numbers:

6 runs
42.33 mi
6:26:17 h:m:s
4,709 ft gain

Lastly I took my phone with me on my run up Elk creek yesterday and here are some pictures as well as a video from that run.

What the road looked like at the start of the run.  Hey if you don't like mud don't be a trail runner right?

 View of the Cell Towers from the South.  I have a staple climbing route (on my grandparents property) that peaks out at these towers but it comes from the North side (not shown here)

The obligatory photo of my furry running pals ;).

Conditions at the top of the climb were I turned around, approx 4,200 ft elevation.  Still some snow (about 6-10 inches).

And here is a little video at the top:


We are expecting a baby within the next couple of weeks so things are getting exciting around here. Take care everyone!

No comments: