Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

In the Doldrums of Winter

Well, it hasn't been that bad :), but I did have a rather rough week mentally coming off one of my best weeks of the year the week before.  The temperatures plummeted near the end of the week into single digits and we continued to get more snow.  Most all of my preferred routes in the mountains were shut down to anything but snowshoeing, so I did 4 out of my 6 runs on the road.  This week was a cut-back week of sorts in regards to mileage so it ended up looking like this:

6 runs
36.01 miles
6:03:24 h:m:s
4,657 ft gain

My most notable run was a relatively easy 8 miler on a snow covered dirt road on Sunday.  I never felt great all week, but I suppose your bound to have down weeks just like in anything else.  Alyssa and I have been fairly busy keeping up with our little guy, preparing for a new little one in March, and I've been taking on more responsibility at work.  This all contributes, I'm sure.  I do know that once the trails clear up, I'll have a problem in wanting to run too much, so all that is left is to enjoy the last bits of winter before things start to roll into spring. Until next time...

No comments: